I have realized that oftentimes I put off any blogging until I have a fully formed idea ready to go. (Some of you are doubting the veracity of “fully formed”, but anyway….) And that generally means that I don’t blog much at all. But I was thinking about it this morning, and I always enjoy my friends’ blogs when they only throw out a little bit of something, or a random post about what they are doing; so why not me?
So, for your Monday enjoyment—random things.
- I am roasting a turkey that I got on sale around Thanksgiving time, but didn’t need to use yet, because my sister-in-law always hosts Thanksgiving. It’s my turn to bring the main dish to Life Group tonight, so….turkey it is. The most challenging par of making a turkey is to remember to take it out of the freezer four days ahead of time. Thank goodness for the reminder feature on my iPhone.
- Picked up 4 pounds of strawberries at a good price at Trader Joe’s this weekend. The clerk asked, “What are you going to do with all of these?” Um, EAT THEM. What a treat to have strawberries in the dead of winter. I picked up a pineapple as well, and the two fruits are currently chopped up and nestled together in a bowl in the fridge.
- Went to get my annual mammogram this morning. What other medical screening test involves the utter smooshing of a body part? I’m guessing the test for testicular cancer is not the same procedure. (Although I hear the prostate exam is no piece of cake, either, so I guess that makes it even.) All looks well. Glad I don’t have to come back in six months to check out any “suspicious” areas.
- We got a couple inches of snow last night, so I scooped and scraped and pushed it off the sidewalk and most of the driveway. Then I walked the dog, and got to scoop something else. :) The poop-scooping was mitigated by the sight of him tentatively walking on thin-crusted snow, only to have one or more legs suddenly fall through to the snowy ground below. Apparently I am easily amused by the misfortunes of a creature whose day otherwise mostly consists of lying in the saggy part of the cushion on the back of the couch and sleeping.
- I finished up the Christmas newsletter (yes, you read that correctly), and am working on getting them printed up. So that they can actually be SENT. Through the mail and everything.
- Speaking of Christmas, I realize that I have not yet posted anything yet about my sewing gift-projects that were Christmas presents. Part of the reason is that some of the photos were taken on our camera, not my phone, and when I hooked it all up, the pictures are not automatically uploading (downloading? whatever) to the laptop, as they usually did. I blame this on whatever the latest iPhoto update is, and have to have my technician look into it. I may break it into two posts, and do the ones for which I have photos ready. Otherwise, this may be a post in June sometime…..
- The Journal of Biblical Counseling has started up again, and is available online. I am enjoying it, and past articles, immensely. Today I was contemplating this one on Psalm 131 by David Powlison. Much needed food for my soul. I am too often more like the squalling infant instead of the weaned child.
- And finally, a gratuitous photo of the grandchild. Makes me so proud.
Happy Monday, y’all.